Darrell started his new job this week. He rented a small U-Haul trailer to put mattresses, etc. in for him and the boys. He pulled out of here around 2:00 Monday afternoon and headed to Nashville. He had to be there by 8:00pm for a company dinner. He hadn't remembered there would be a time change, so that actually gave him an extra hour. Today it is meetings. I guess if you're going to start at a new company, having national meetings the first week will certainly help you get a feel for the company as a whole.
He will be in Nevada on Saturday or Sunday and in the office on Monday. Then he will find a place to call home (rent or lease) and get the boys registered for school. Gariet and Gregory will fly out on the 23rd to start at their new school on August 25th.
As for the rest of us, we were going to stay until the house was sold. Now, we will be going when Darrell gets the movers arranged. I was pretty much in an emotional state until the 3rd. I cried whenever I thought about it. Not that I didn't want to go, but just because. Sunday we prayed about it and discussed it some more and decided it would be best to just go and leave the house in the hands of the Lord. I haven't cried much at all since then. I have decided that that must be the difference between a stupor of thought and peace.
Erin and Sean did start school yesterday. We figure they have about 6 weeks to enjoy their schools and friends and make some good memories before we go.
first day of school 2008
Erin went to a party Friday and came home sporting "Twilight "nails - black with sparklie red apples.




1 comment:
Wish I were there to help you pack. Looks like the kids are more than ready to get back to school. (so cute) Love the toenails, Erin. Maybe Jenni can add them to her portfolio.
Post a Comment