Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a nice Thanksgiving. We had some friends from BYU come down to visit. They spent two days exploring downtown, then came over for Thanksgiving dinner.
Philip is one of Darrell's scouts, so they had a great time catching up and playing ball again.

Darrell had to work in the morning but Gariet and Gregory made sure they played football. They'll be carrying on the Turkey Bowl tradition! They should have left with the rest of the ward, but joined in the next groups game. Therefore, speaking of tradition, I soon got the phone call and was off to the urgent care with Gariet for 6 stitches. He went to grab someone's flag, the person spun, and they knocked heads, both getting cut by Gariet's glasses.
Two for the price of one! (The glasses are fine by the way. Not a dent.)
As you can see, it didn't slow him down at all. If it had been a small cut and not needed stitches, I have no doubt he would have just kept playing football!
(Sounds more and more like his Dad as the story goes on, huh?!)
He did take his glasses off for this basketball game though.
He really didn't want to bonk the stitches.
So, it didn't slow him down, but the hour and a half at the urgent care and pharmacy threw off my cooking schedule. We had to go with the 1-hour rolls instead of Grandma's.
Oh well, it's all good.

3 comments:

Rudd Family said...

What a great Thanksgiving - Even down to the six stitches in Gariet's forehead. Every young man needs battle scars to show and stories to tell. Right? Love you all. Mom & Grandma

Linda said...

Even before I read the commentary, I had to chuckle when I saw that it was Thanksgiving and the picture of Gariet with the gash in his head. It all looked so familiar. De Ja Vu!! Matt, Aaron and Ryan found a Turkey bowl to join in that day also and we were all very grateful when they walked in with no scars. Keep those for the young ones. Love to all!!!

Linda said...

When I read the Title and saw the picture of Gariet, I had to chuckle. It was so dejavu!! Some things never change. Aaron, Ryan and Matt found a game to play in and we were all grateful when they walked in unscathed. Thanks for sharing the fun.