Thursday, August 4, 2011

July 6, 2011 - MTC

July 6th, 2011 was the day Gariet went into the MTC in Provo.

His report time was in the afternoon, so he and I went to the
Mt. Timpanogos temple in the morning.

When we headed to Provo we went to Fuddrucker's for lunch. Missionaries reporting to the MTC get a free meal that day! Sandy and the girls joined us for a fun lunch together.

We had heard that things were crazy at the MTC and that there is really no time for pictures. So, we (along with MANY others) parked at the Provo temple for photo ops and goodbyes.
There is no MTC sign anymore, so we had him stand on the corner so we could see the MTC street sign. He can now officially play on the lawn too!

And of course then we drove into line at the gate and headed in!
Contrary to what I had heard, I did not feel rushed or like I couldn't take pictures and say more goodbyes. It was still a good idea to have goodbyes at the temple though to have all the time we wanted. Gariet and I were the only ones to get out of the car at the MTC. I took pictures and snuck in a last hug, and he was off! He was very excited and ready to get started!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: