Friday, June 13, 2008

Day Camp 2008

My third year as Cub Scout Day Camp Program Director is over. Only two more to go! It's really not that bad, and I enjoy doing it. Camp went well. I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. The boys don't know if something didn't work as you planned it or if people didn't show up to teach a class. They just have a good time, and that's what matters.

I must say, that every year of day camp I am amazed at the Lord's hand in all things. This year for instance, I felt very far behind because I had not put together the actual schedule for the days yet and it was the week before camp. When I sat down to do it, it very literally just fell into place. I was able to mostly do the entire schedule for the whole week in two sittings. I only had to fill in four or so spaces. I only had to erase and adjust a couple of groups on one day. There are 8 groups going to 5 classes each day! So, this is not a small miracle, it is a decent sized one. This is not the first time either. Every year I am amazed that the schedule is so right. I am convinced that Heavenly Father definitely sees Cub Scout Day Camp as a righteous endeavor.

No comments: