Hi everyone! Since I love reading everyone's blogs, I thought I'd set up my own. Also, Gariet is off to Germany for 3 weeks. So I thought his friends could check up on him here!
Gariet, along with 10 other students and 2 teachers left Atlanta on Tuesday around 5:30pm and arrived in Stuttgart, Germany around 9:00am on Wednesday. They have a full schedule with the group on the weekdays, but the weekends are with their host families.
Here is the first email we recieved (Wed 6/4):
"Hallo,We made it to Germany. The flight was really long and it was a little hard to sleep. I'm at Manu's house now. It's interesting. To get in the house you go up one of those swirling staircases and then inside you go up more to go to the second floor. Tommorow we're having the BBQ. I'll get to meet more people and get to now the people in my group better. Have a good day six hours behind me."
The email received today sounds like he's having a great time! I can see his huge smile as I read about the experiences he's having with the kids.(Friday 6/6):
"I didn't really feel the jetlag at all, but I almost fell asleep in a German class yesterday. The schools have been fun. Yesterday we went to the Gewerbeschule where Manu goes to school. We went into an English class and helped them with an assignment Frau Goetz gave them. A few of use went to a German class while the others went back to English after the break. After German I had to sit through French class.
The German schools have only a couple classes a day and they are longer classes then in Georgia. The school is awesome. I could learn there to be an engineer. The school saves energy by leaving only a few lights on in the darker halls, and in classrooms with windows they use natural light. They also have solar panels on the roof. They have another machine besides a vending machine in their school too. They sell the drinks in glass bottles and then you can put the empty bottle in the other machine and get about 15 cents back.
The middle school was exciting as well. All of the kids were friendly and wanted to see us. The kids in the art class wrote us a sign asking how we were. We went into an English class and answered some questions. In a 6th or 7th grade English class we were wanted to go in a lot. When we went in they clapped and cheered. We introduced ourselves and they introduced themselves. We answered any questions they asked, and when the class ended they were all dissapointed. Then we took pictures of them, all of them, and then they took pictures of us. They also asked for some of our e-mails. That was great.
The BBQ was kind of a let down on one point because it rained all day yesterday, but besides that it was good. They had plenty of bread and I ate a lot of it. In Bühl I was finally able to exchange some money. I didn't in Stuttgart because the exchange rate was higher. We went to the cathedral and we had some really good Italian ice."
Gariet, along with 10 other students and 2 teachers left Atlanta on Tuesday around 5:30pm and arrived in Stuttgart, Germany around 9:00am on Wednesday. They have a full schedule with the group on the weekdays, but the weekends are with their host families.
Here is the first email we recieved (Wed 6/4):"Hallo,We made it to Germany. The flight was really long and it was a little hard to sleep. I'm at Manu's house now. It's interesting. To get in the house you go up one of those swirling staircases and then inside you go up more to go to the second floor. Tommorow we're having the BBQ. I'll get to meet more people and get to now the people in my group better. Have a good day six hours behind me."
The email received today sounds like he's having a great time! I can see his huge smile as I read about the experiences he's having with the kids.(Friday 6/6):
"I didn't really feel the jetlag at all, but I almost fell asleep in a German class yesterday. The schools have been fun. Yesterday we went to the Gewerbeschule where Manu goes to school. We went into an English class and helped them with an assignment Frau Goetz gave them. A few of use went to a German class while the others went back to English after the break. After German I had to sit through French class.
The German schools have only a couple classes a day and they are longer classes then in Georgia. The school is awesome. I could learn there to be an engineer. The school saves energy by leaving only a few lights on in the darker halls, and in classrooms with windows they use natural light. They also have solar panels on the roof. They have another machine besides a vending machine in their school too. They sell the drinks in glass bottles and then you can put the empty bottle in the other machine and get about 15 cents back.
The middle school was exciting as well. All of the kids were friendly and wanted to see us. The kids in the art class wrote us a sign asking how we were. We went into an English class and answered some questions. In a 6th or 7th grade English class we were wanted to go in a lot. When we went in they clapped and cheered. We introduced ourselves and they introduced themselves. We answered any questions they asked, and when the class ended they were all dissapointed. Then we took pictures of them, all of them, and then they took pictures of us. They also asked for some of our e-mails. That was great.
The BBQ was kind of a let down on one point because it rained all day yesterday, but besides that it was good. They had plenty of bread and I ate a lot of it. In Bühl I was finally able to exchange some money. I didn't in Stuttgart because the exchange rate was higher. We went to the cathedral and we had some really good Italian ice."

2 comments:
I think I just sent a comment to a Deb at dodell.blogspot.com Oh well.
Anyhow what fun to experience another culture first hand. Great opportunity.
that is awesome. it sounds like gariet is having a lot of fun. i'm excited to hear about the other adventures...:)
Post a Comment